Name Game

We've settled on a name for our new little one, due in just 11 short weeks! Her name will be Kate Abigail. Going into this pregnancy, I think I figured we'd have a Julie or a Julia or something of the sort, and I still love both of those names. For some reason, though, "Kate" (meaning "pure") kept running to the front of my brain, and I fell in love with Abigail because of it's meaning: "source of joy" or "father's joy."

Before I knew that Kate was a "she," I kept thinking about the concept of joy. I'm learning that there is joy in letting God take the reins in life, there is joy that comes with a chosen attitude of gratefulness, and there is joy to be found in all of God's creation--regardless of flaws and temporary heartache. I am still no star student when it comes to relinquishing control or living each day with a thankful heart, but I'm growing, God is pruning, and I'm blessed. In July, we hope to welcome a healthy baby girl into our home--a "Pure Source of Joy."



Comments

  1. And I can't wait for baby Kate to make her appearance!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts